Pathways to Postsecondary Education
Introduction To Course
Welcome to the Pathways to Postsecondary Education course! In this course, you will learn about the different postsecondary education opportunities available to students in the state of Tennessee.
- Learn about the three high school diploma options available in Tennessee
- Understand the ways teachers, parents, students, coaches, therapists and others on the IEP team can become more involved in helping explore postsecondary education opportunities
- Learn about inclusive higher education for students with intellectual disability
- Learn about community colleges and vocational schools
- Learn about traditional 4-year universities and colleges
- Become familiar with the financial aid opportunities offered both nationally and locally
- Which diploma do my students most often receive?
- What activities do I currently implement to help my students explore college opportunities?
- Have I adequately shared information about postsecondary education with my students’ parents or guardians?
- Have I taught my students to become self-aware of their disability so they are able to disclose their disability and request necessary services or accommodations in the future?