Community Rehabilitation Centers
What should I know about Community Tennessee
Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers (CTRCs) are local community organizations that provide rehabilitation services for individuals with disabilities and employers in surrounding areas. There are 17 centers located throughout the state.
The following rehabilitation services are offered for eligible individuals:
- Comprehensive vocational evaluation to determine work interest and abilities while also doing career exploration and planning.
- Employee development services includes community-based job training opportunities at local businesses.
- Job development and employment assistance focuses on job readiness instruction. CTRCs also work with local businesses to seek work opportunities for the clients they serve.
Eligibility varies by the individual CTRC, but all individuals must be referred by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to receive CTRC services.
CTRC: Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Center
VR: Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Evaluation: an assessment process identifying a student’s career interests, work-related aptitudes, and skills
What should students know about the Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers?
- Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers (CTRCs) are part of the Vocational Rehabilitation program in Tennessee.
- CTRCs can help you find a job that is a good fit for your skills.
- CTRCs can also help you get work experience at jobs in the community.
- You have to be a Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) client to be eligible for the CTRC.
- If you are a VR client and interested in getting services from a CTRC, ask your counselor for a referral.
How can I partner with the Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers for Pre-ETS?
- Arrange a field trip to your regional CTRC
- Help a student prepare for an informational interview with a representative from the closest CTRC
- Contact CTRC to see if student can job shadow a current client in a work experience
- Invite CTRC representatives to a transition fair.
How do I contact the Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers?
See the list of Community Tennessee Rehabilitation Centers by county: https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/humanservices/ds/office-locator-trc-ttap.html/