Tennessee has six college programs specifically designed for students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. These programs are located in Knoxville, Jackson, Nashville, Johnson City, and Memphis. Though each program has unique features, they all provide opportunities for students to meaningfully engage in campus activities, classes, employment opportunities, and much more. Do you have students and families that would like to learn more about these college opportunities? Below, you will find a “Question and Answer” document for each program. Check these out to learn more about these college programs and be sure to share the information with anyone who might be interested!
- The FUTURE Program at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville
- The EDGE Program at Union University in Jackson
- The IDEAL Program at Lipscomb University in Nashville
- The Next Steps Program at Vanderbilt University in Nashville
- The Access ETSU Program at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City
- The TigerLIFE Program at the University of Memphis in Memphis
We have also created a chart that shows you the major differences between each of the six different programs to make it easier to compare them. You can check out the chart here. Additionally, last spring we hosted a virtual transition fair with all of the programs where staff members briefly described their program, admissions requirements, the application process, and more. To watch the session recording and access event resources, click here. Finally, we know that paying for college is a big concern and barrier to going to college. Be sure to check out our financial aid chart here to learn about the ways these college programs can be more affordable!