Transition Tennessee, a collaboration between the Tennessee Department of Education and Vanderbilt University, is offering free transition technical assistance to school districts across Tennessee. Coaches will work with individual school districts to improve the quality of transition services for youth with disabilities.
Our Coaching Commitment
- Supporting districts in determining strength and need areas.
- Using data to guide transition improvement.
- Developing a district plan for enhancing transition services.
- Identifying strategies for community groups, employers, families and adult agencies to partner with the district.
- Training and resources to implement best practices in transition.
- Establish a core team whose members will meet regularly.
- Share district, school and student transition data with our team.
- Partner to host one “community conversation” to gather school and community input concerning transition strengths and needs.
- Allow us to collect relevant feedback related to transition services from educators and other community stakeholders.
- Encourage educators and staff to complete relevant modules on the Transition Tennessee website.
- Assist in evaluating changes/next steps resulting from this technical assistance.