What Platform Should I Use?
Who Should I Send the Survey To?
In addition to the educator you’re working with, consider sending this survey to administrators or other staff members who work with the students you’ll be instructing. This could include general education teachers, school counselors, work-based learning instructors, paraprofessionals, and others.
What Should I Ask?
Here’s an example of what this survey could look like:
Question #1: We would like information on transition activities currently being provided to students who will receive Pre-ETS. Check off any activities students have participated in or will participate in this school year:
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Complete career interest inventories
- Explore careers using online resources
- Hear from guest speakers about different jobs and careers
- Participate in a career fair
- Participate in job shadows
- Learn about the labor market
- Work-Based Learning
- Participate in school-sponsored internships
- Take work-based learning classes
- Participate in school-sponsored apprenticeships
- Tour work-sites
- Conduct informational interviews with employers
- Postsecondary Education Counseling
- Learn about accommodations for college entrance testing
- Learn about disability supports provided at college
- Complete the FAFSA
- Tour university and college campuses
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Learn how to use assistive technology in the workplace
- Learn about strategies to support independence at work including time management, self-monitoring performance, and accepting feedback
- Learn about financial literacy skills and benefits
- Learn about “soft skills” important for employment success
- Develop transportation skills
Question #2: Are there other transition activities not included in the above list you would like us to know about?
Question #3: What should I know about the students I will be working with?
Question #4: Will any of the below accommodations be needed?
- Braille materials
- Large-print materials
- Materials including visuals
- Other (could include extended time, read aloud, flexible scheduling, communication device, or other accommodations)
Question #5: Please describe classroom or any individualized behavioral expectations?