You are headed to a job shadowing experience and will need to be prepared with information about the workplace and job. Fill out the chart below to ensure you have all of the information you will need to have a successful experience. Once you have gathered all the important information, select the questions you will ask and review the on-site form you will fill out during your experience.
Pre-Job Shadow Information
|Information||Notes or Questions|
|Name of business or company||
|Address of business or company|
|Name and contact information of who I will be shadowing
|Job title of who I will be shadowing
|Expectations or main tasks of the job
Questions for Job Shadowing
Circle questions you plan to ask and add to them as needed.
- What was the first job you had once you finished high school?
- How did you get started in this job?
- Why did you choose this career?
- What skills do you need to be successful at your job?
- What work tasks do you enjoy the most?
- What job task do you find to be the most challenging?
- What training did you have before you started working in this position?
- Where did you receive that training?
- How much do you work with others?
- Do you work primarily with coworkers, customers, or clients?
- Why did you choose to work for this company?
- What is the work culture like?
- What is something that most people do not know about this career?
On Site Job Shadow Information
Fill in the following table with information you learn while job shadowing.
|Job tasks the employee performed||
|Other jobs observed
|Minimum education or training required||
|Skills needed to perform this job||
|Other information I learned||