What Others Like About Me
Strengths and Skills
Good with technology
Communicating with other people
What is important to me as an employee
Building a good relationship with colleagues and supervisors
Being productive and contributing to work
Learning from colleagues
Achieving work life balance
How to support me as an employee
Clear instructions on tasks
Providing useful and clear feedback
Respect my opinions
January 2021 – present; Remote
- Wrote newsletters
- Created flashcards for a site
- Worked on my portfolio
- Curated slideshow presentations
St. Luke’s Community House
Data Entry Intern
September 2020 – November 2020; Remote
- Entered necessary distributions for each client
- Added mobile meals for each client in the community
- Communicated and served clients with hospitality
Dean of the Vanderbilt Divinity School
January 2020 – March 2020; Nashville, TN
- Performed data entry and management
- Greeted visitors
- Planned various events
Vanderbilt University – Next Steps Program, Nashville, TN
Certificate of Completion, Class of 2023
Brentwood Library — Volunteer
June 2016 – August 2016; Brentwood, TN
- Organized DVDs and Audiobooks into correct shelves.
Stewpert’s My Portfolio Examples
These are all the lessons I did from Transition TN for Students to learn about transitioning to adulthood. You will see examples of completed activities from the student website I did.
Labor Markets and Types of Employment
What I Learned About Labor Markets and Types of Employment:
1. I learned that the character was applying for a part-time job as a pest control technician and he needed to contact his pre-ETS provider for this job.
2. When I am a junior or senior at Next Steps, I would find some type of employment which is part-time or full-time. The internships I participated in helped me gain some experience.
Rights and Responsibilities Change After High School
What I Learned About Rights and Responsibilities After High School:
1. I learned that the character was going to a technical college and she needed to have accommodations since she has a disability.
2. When I got into the Next Steps program, I had to get accommodations from teachers and do a psychological evaluation.
Career Pathways and Goals
What I Learned About Career Pathways and Goals:
1. I learned that the character was applying for a certificate program at a community college or vocational school, and their Pre-ETS provider or teacher can help them to find out more information about taking a campus tour.
2. The Next Steps program is an inclusive higher education program at Vanderbilt. When I applied to the Next Steps program, I had to make a PowerPoint about myself that was about why I wanted to go to college. I also had to do an interview.