Pathways to Employment
Introduction To Course
Welcome to our Pathways to Employment course! Every student’s transition from high school to adulthood is a journey full of choices, new ideas and some uncertainty. Ensuring your students have well-planned vocational experiences will prepare them for their adult career.
- Understand the requirements of IDEA regarding Career Development
- Become familiar with the structure of Career Development
- Be able to identify sequenced experiences that begin early and increase over time
- Understand how to provide opportunities that align with employer needs and student preferences
- Understand how employer partnerships benefit all stages of Career Development instruction
- How have you identified your students’ preferences, skills, needs and desires during Career Development?
- What is the process of ensuring these preferences, skills, needs and desires are part of the student’s Transition Plan?
- What business partnerships have you developed to meet the needs of your students through each stage of Career Development?
- What planning do you do to ensure your students have robust, sequenced, Career Development experiences?
- How do you ensure Career Development is braided into the academic curriculum?
Career Awareness and Exploration Materials
Developing a Community-Based Job Training Site Materials
Job Coaching Materials
Self-Monitoring schedule example